- 10 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or full cream if feeling indulgent)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 zucchini, grated and then squeezed of liquid in a clean teatowel
- 1 bell pepper/capsicum of whatever colour, chopped into small pieces
- 2 whole preserved lemons, finely diced
- 150g cold smoked salmon in slices
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Plenty of salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 170C/375F bake setting. Grease and line a square baking dish (I used a 9 inch one).
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the almond milk, mustard and lemon juice. Stir through the zucchini, capsicum, preserved lemon, salmon and parsley until evenly combined through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the frittata mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through the middle on testing with a skewer. Remove from oven to cool to lukewarm temperature before quartering.
- Serve immediately alongside a fresh garden salad or store in the fridge in air-tight containers for up to four days. This is delicious warmed or cold!