cookies and cream rocky road
- 500g white chocolate (NB: I used a combination of 250g Whittaker’s white chocolate with 250g Nestle chocolate melts for consistency/taste purposes)
- 180g pink and white marshmallows, halved
- 2/3 cup rice bubbles (I used gluten free)
- 150g Oreos, crushed into small-medium pieces
- 100g roasted, salted macadamias
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Freeze dried raspberries and sugar pearls to decorate
- Line a deep baking dish around 8 x 8 inches with baking paper. The smaller the tin, the thicker/more epic the rocky road, obviously!
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler – in a bowl that sits snugly over a saucepan of water brought to a gentle simmer. The water needn’t touch the bowl, but the bowl should be of a material that conducts heat well (I use porcelain or enamel. Stir frequently and don’t let water come into contact with chocolate for the smoothest results. Remove from heat when the chocolate is nearly completely liquid.
- Leave the chocolate aside to cool while you halve the marshmallows, roughly chop the macadamias and crush the cookies into crumbs and pieces. Leave maybe a quarter or so of the nuts and Oreos aside to sprinkle on top of the rocky road.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (nuts, Oreos, macadamias) with the ricies and coconut in a large bowl. Add a generous sprinkle of sea salt or two.
- Stir through the melted chocolate and pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with set aside Oreos, nuts and raspberries/sprinkles.
- Leave to set in the refrigerator for ~2 hours before cutting into small squares or rectangles.