creamy milk chocolate fudge
- 60g butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 275g caster sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 100g corn syrup (alternatively can subsititute golden syrup)
- 100g Whittaker’s Creamy Milk chocolate (or other high quality milk chocolate)
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Grease and line a small, deep baking tin with butter and baking paper.
- Over medium heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, vanilla essence, caster sugar and corn syrup until dissolved. Pop the sugar thermometer on and boil the sugar mixture until it reaches 116C/240F. This is the “soft ball stage” which basically means if you were to drop a small spoonful of the mixture into a glass of cold water, it would form a (as the name would suggest) a soft ball.
- Remove from heat and immediately start beating with an electric hand-mixer as it starts to cool. It will thicken and become more matte looking. When it has lost most of its sheen, add the chocolate, broken into pieces and continue to beat. The fudge will continue to thicken and the chocolate should melt immediately.