fig, prosciutto and goat’s cheese salad
- Eight fresh figs, quartered
- 100g goat’s cheese
- 4 large pieces prosciutto
- 50g pistachios, raw
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 2 tsp sweetener (I used stevia)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp liquid honey for drizzling
- 4 handfuls rocket (arugula) or mesclun)
- Edible lavender sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C bake. In a small bowl, combine the pistachios, sweetener of choice, salt and boiling water. Mix to coat the pistachios and then spread evenly in a small roasting dish or baking tray to roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes – until the liquid has evaporated and they are starting to turn golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool – these can be prepped in advance and stored in an airtight container.
- Arrange the rocket evenly on a serving platter, followed by the figs, then the prosciutto – torn into rough pieces and rolled up so it can “stand” tall. Crumble the goats cheese, then top with a few extra leaves to add height. Drizzle with olive oil, honey and season with a little salt and pepper. Garnish with the pistachio nuts and lavender sprigs.
- Serve immediately.