- 100g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp/60g golden syrup
- 1.5tsp baking soda
- Line a small deep baking tray with nonstick paper and grease.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the caster sugar and golden syrup until combined before placing over medium heat. Don’t touch the mixture from this point onwards or else it will crystallise!
- Leave to heat, boil and bubble for around 3 minutes, until it is turning a very dark caramel (think maple syrup).
- Remove from heat and immediately stir through the baking soda. The mixture will bubble up rapidly. Pour into the prepared tray and allow to cool and set before breaking into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.