low carb butter crunch cereal
- 60g unsweetened coconut flakes/chips
- 70g chopped peanuts
- 70g walnuts
- 70g peanuts
- 70g slivered almonds
- 30g butter, preferably grass-fed, organic and salted (or sub coconut oil if paleo)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup erythritol/xylitol/Natvia (adjust as per preferred sweetness)
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Chop the nuts roughly into uneven sized pieces for ~textural interest~ and combine in a large glass jug/bowl/vessel.
- In a non-stick frypan, heat the butter and coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Pour the nuts in and stir quickly to coat with the melted mixture. Continue to stir frequently to ensure the nuts on the bottom of the pan don’t catch and burn. Everything will quickly become toasty golden and develop that delicious nutty fragrance. Be careful not to overcook – my batch very nearly went that way. Constant vigilance is needed with the wooden spoon to ensure even toasting and crunch.
- Remove the pan from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before stirring in the sea salt, cinnamon and erythritol. Leave to cool further for another hour before transferring to an appropriate airtight storage container.
- Serve with cream, coconut cream or full fat Greek yoghurt.