malted candy-cane fudge slice
- 100g butter
- 75g golden syrup
- 150g milk chocolate
- 250g mint slice biscuits (chcoolate covered cookies with a mint fondant topping)
- 250g malt biscuits
- 100g white marshmallows (optional, but adds to the fudginess)
- 300g milk chocolate melts for topping
- 100g white chocolate melts for marble effect
- 5 candy canes, blitzed to bits in the food processor for decorating
- White sugar pearls (optional)
- In a food processor, blitz the candy-canes, malt and mint slice biscuits in separate biscuits (or put in sturdy plastic bags and bash them with a wine bottle or rolling pin, whatever). Aim for the candy canes to be in a variety of crumbs-chunk size for sprinkling, set aside in a separate bowl for decorating. Go for a crumb consistency of the malt biscuits, and then make sure the mint slice bits are roughly in larger and smaller “bits”.
- Grease a deep baking dish with greaseproof paper, ~22 x 33cm in size.
- Over medium heat, melt the golden syrup, butter and first quantity of white chocolate until melted and combined. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes or so before adding to a large mixing bowl to combine with the crushed biscuits and marshmallows.
- Press the fudge mixture into the baking dish, refrigerate to speed up the cooling process while prepping the chocolate topping.