peanut butter cheesecake swirl brownies
- 110g salted butter
- 60g dark chocolate (I used a sugarfree 70% cocoa version sweetened with stevia)
- 1/8 cup coffee (make using instant or whatever you like to use, I had some leftover French press on hand)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 free range eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup xylitol/erythritol/Natvia
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Peanut butter cheesecake:
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 40g crunchy peanut butter (I used cheap commercial stuff with no sugar but plenty of salt)
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup heavy/double cream
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/8 cup xylitol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F fan-bake. Prep mini-muffin tins, lining them with baking paper cases.
- In a microwave-safe jug, melt the butter and dark chocolate in the microwave, heating for 30 second increments at medium power until liquid. Whisk with coffee to combine.
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl with the sweeteners and vanilla. Add the ground almonds, salt, and cocoa and beat again until combined.
- Beat the batter with the melted chocolate mixture. .
- For the peanut butter cheesecake swirl, simply pop everything in a food processor/blender and let it work its magic until smooth and velvety.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the brownie mixture into the cupcake cases and top with slightly smaller quantities of the cheesecake mix. The cases should look quite full.
- Pop in the oven for 3-4 minutes before taking the trays back out and swirling the batters together using a cake tester.
- Cook for another 15 minutes or until the cupcakes are looking set and the cheesecake swirl is getting a golden tinge.
- Cool in the trays until they’re set enough to handle, then cool further in the fridge for the fudgiest texture (but they taste good warm from the oven, too…).