raw cauliflower rice salad with pomegranate
- Half head of cauliflower
- 15 asparagus spears, chopped into thirds (omit if making completely raw)
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cooking oil
- 1 handful fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Half a fresh deseeded pomegranate
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp honey (substitute maple syrup if vegan)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor or by hand using the largest holes on a grater. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Lightly saute the asparagus in a frypan over medium heat in the cooking oil until the outside of the pieces are starting to shrivel and brown. Add to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- Combine with the remaining salad ingredients – cherry tomatoes, mint and half of the measurements of parsley and pomegranate. Set these aside to top the salad with before serving.
- Mix the dressing ingredients up in a jar and shake vigorously to combine. Pour all over the salad, stir to coat the cauliflower and leave the salad at room temperature for at least half an hour prior to serving to allow the lemon juice to “cook” and soften the “rice”.
- Top with the remaining pomegranate and parsley. Serve at room temperature.