slow roasted cauliflower and aubergine with miso and furikake
- 1 head cauliflower, halved
- 1 aubergine, halved lengthways
- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp furikake for sprinkling
- 1 bunch fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F bake setting (or roasted function setting if you’re lucky enough to have a Gaggenau to play with!).
- Score the flesh of the aubergine in a criss cross pattern. Place the cauliflower chopped side down and the aubergine flesh side up in a roasting dish. Bake for 80-90 minutes, until the cauliflower florets are charred and near burnt and the stems are tender.
- Before the 80-90 minutes are up, melt the butter and miso either in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to combine.
- Remove the aubergine/cauliflower from the oven, turn the oven to grill at 220C/430F and slather the vegetables with the buttery miso mixture. Return to the oven to grill for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a plate for serving, spoon any of the melted butter in the bottom of the pan on top of the vegetables, sprinkle with furikake and coriander and eat immediately.