smoked salmon salad with pine nuts and lemon dill dressing
- 200g smoked salmon
- 2 big handfuls rocket/leafy greens
- A selection of fresh salad vegetables – I used 1 red capsicum, chopped and a few cherry tomatoes
- 30g pine nuts
- 1 avocado, finely sliced/attempted to cut into rose
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing together. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Dry roast the pine nuts in a small fry pan over medium heat, stirring frequently until turning golden brown and becoming fragrant. Set aside to cool before serving.
- Arrange the rocket and vegetables in your tupperware if transporting or on plates if serving at home. Drizzle liberally with the creme fraiche dressing, then top with the salmon, pine nuts and finally the thinly sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper and serve.