- 600g snapper fillets (or any other firm, fresh white fish fillet)
- Juice of 2 oranges (200ml or so)
- Juice of 3 limes (90-100ml)
- Juice of 1 lemon (30ml)
- 150ml olive oil
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 green capsicum/bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Tortilla chips and cos (Romaine) lettuce leaves for serving
- In a jar or bowl, combine the citrus juices, olive oil, vinegar, ginger, maple syrup and chilli. Shake or stir to mix.
- Debone the fish fillets and cut into centimetre thick pieces across the grain with a sharp knife.
- Pour the citrus juice mixture over the fish, add the capsicum and combine gently until the fish is evenly and completely covered.
- Store in the refrigerator for half an hour and up to 2 hours before serving to alllow the citrus to cure the fish.
- Serve with sprinkled with chopped coriander and toasted sesame seeds. Scoop onto tortilla chips or cos lettuce leaves for serving.